Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Challenge #67: Fill your Pockets!
Get inspired by these creations from the design team:
I used a page protector designed to hold stickers and embellies. After fitting in all the photos and papers, I added the title, some epoxy stickers, chipboard stars, brads, and journaling spots to the top of the protector.
I bought this sectioned photo holder awhile ago with the intention of doing this with it, but never got around to it until now. I used most of the pockets to house photos, but created embellished cards to fill the rest. I used some Hambly lace transparencies inside of some pockets, allowing the wall to show through. Some of the elements on the embellished cards are outside the plastic. For example: the rhinestones, buttons, flowers, & envelope. I love how it came out! My favorite thing about it is that I can swap the photos out since I made the cards generic.
I used an 8x8 page protector for this project I used my sewing machine to make the three pockets on the protector, then filled them with paper and a crochet sample I made learning a new stitch. I decorated both the outside and inside of the pockets.
This project was inspired by Shimelle's Something for Almost Nothing online class. I used two different American Crafts page protectors -- a 6x12 and a 10x12 sized to hold five 4x6 photos. I cut the right side off the 12x12 protector and sewed it behind the 6x12 one. I sewed six pockets on the 6x12 one, sized to hold some of the valentines my daughter got from school this year. The rest of the valentines are in the Maya Road kraft envelope.
Miwako: I use 12 inch protector (fancy pants) for packing newborn baby dress of my daughter. I had seen such paking idea at Ali Edwards Blog for her baby's album project. I've been thinking to try that idea...the time has come!! This dress is fasten only 2 points on protecter because I want to very easy for packing off to use if my daughter has baby in future. Also, photos, jounaing card, tags which was real used on my list and baby are fixed by pins and I put stickers on protecter directry. Finaly, saw the top of the protecter using embroidery thread and 2 bows are blineding the end of thread.