Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Challenge #55 (Negative Space) Winner!

Sorry it has taken me so long to get around to posting a winner, but with no further ado, the winner is:

Timi O. Mercado

Timi, send me an e-mail and I will send you details regarding your prize! Thanks all for participating!

Monday, December 28, 2009

Cute as a Button Winner!

The entries are in!

All the projects look great I had a difficult time choosing the winner but only one should win! And the winner is...

Issa Lucido! I will be contacting you for the shipping arrangements of your RAK.

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Challenge 58: Make it messy

One of my favorite things about creating is experimenting with different mediums. For this challenge I want you to do just that. Choose a wet medium (acrylic paint, glimmer mist, watercolors, ink, tea, even children's bubbles with dye in them works!) and then drip, splash, or splatter that medium on your project. Have fun making a mess!!

Jennifer: I mixed water with acrylic paint (equal amounts) and dripped some of the mixture onto the layout. Then I took a straw and blew the puddles in different directions. It looks a little like a blood bath (oops!), but it sure was fun to do. :)


I mixed water, distress ink, and perfect pearls to mist my background paper.

Kimmy: I used this technique on the cover of a mini album I made my dad for Christmas. I spritzed the background with red & blue glimmer mist (over the skyline mask) then I used an eyedropper to drip the same color blue glimmer mist on the top of the book. I blew through a straw to make them look more like stars and added stickles in the middle of each, then layered the title on top.

Michelle:I went a bit crazy with this one and got very messy (so did my table top!). Starting with a bare piece of canvas, I layered lots, and lots of acrylic paint. Once dry, I added some graffiti-style lettering with a black sharpie. And if that wasn't enough, I used a few squirts of spray paint. A machine-stitched border finishes the page. I have to admit this style is a bit out of the norm for me, but it was very freeing to let go, get messy, and have fun! A play-by-play is blogged at Life Made Creations.

You've got 2 weeks to link us up to your creation. :)

Monday, December 14, 2009

Challenge 56 Cute as a Button

Buttons, buttons, buttons! I love buttons! You guessed it right...I challenge you to use buttons on your layout. Wait, there is a twist. I want you to use your buttons creatively. You can alter or dress-up your buttons first before using it on your layouts. You have until December 27 to post a link to your layout on the comments section of this post. Come back next Monday to see the RAK that I will be giving out to the most creative button.

Here are the layouts created by our wonderful design team:


I stitched the buttons differently.

Ike' s Toys 001

Here is another layout this time I used alcohol inks to alter the buttons.

I decorated these plain buttons with a white opaque pen before adding them to my Christmas goodie box. :) Easy peasy & adorable.

This is another altered button project I've done. I crushed buttons and used them to cover a chipboard shape. There's a tutorial on my blog if you want more info!


I love using buttons on my layouts. They give that little extra bit of homemade goodness and added texture to a page. For this layout, I stitched buttons as a frame around the patterned paper--cute as a button!


When dotting my i’s, I decided to give myself a little more leeway: in the word ‘kisses’, I dotted my i underneath and instead of the usual dot, I chose a button in the shape of a star. To complete the special note I wanted for that particular dot, I added a rub-on on the starry button. There are also many ways of crossing your t’s. Two square buttons can do just the trick. Add to that a large round button, and you’ve got an easy ‘o’. I sewed my buttons like I normally would and there it was!


I also used alcohol ink to alter my buttons, then stamped on them with black archival ink. To make the colors really show up I layered one button on top of a lighter colored sticker.


I made big snow flake by white small bottons. The bones made wire at first, please see my blog if you want to know more details. Also I used glitter on some bottns. I think this way is nice for using a lots of botton was left over.